- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- A pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ cup Graceland Fruit Dried Whole Cranberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds
ORANGE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- 2 small or 1 large orange
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring quinoa, water and a pinch of sea salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside (or in the fridge) to cool, with the lid off.
- To make the dressing, first zest and juice the orange. Then in a blender, combine the olive oil, 4 tablespoons of the orange juice, one tablespoon orange zest, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Once the quinoa has cooled to room temperature (or below) add into a medium sized bowl with the arugula, dried cranberries and sliced almonds and toss together with about ½ cup of the orange vinaigrette dressing. Enjoy!
- Recipe and photos courtesy of HealthyGroceryGirl.com. Check out her blog for more photos and insight into this delicious recipe!