3⅓ cups all-purpose flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1¼ cups sugar
¼ cup preferred vegetable oil
2 large eggs
3 large egg whites, divided
1 teaspoon almond extract
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
½ cup Graceland FruitⓇ Dried Montmorency Cherries
½ cup Graceland FruitⓇ Dried Cranberries
1 cup sliced almonds
6 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, 2 egg whites, almond extract, and orange zest. Stir in flour mixture until partially mixed, then stir in cherries and cranberries and knead briefly until the dough comes together.
3. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a smooth 11 x 1½” log by rolling it back and forth on a countertop. Arrange the dough logs on the baking sheet and press to flatten them slightly.
4. Beat remaining egg white well, then lightly brush the tops of the dough logs with it. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
5. Bake until browned and firm, 25-30 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
6. When cool enough to handle, use a serrated knife to cut biscotti logs into ⅜” thick slices on a slight diagonal. Lay the slices flat on the baking sheet, return to the oven, and bake 10 minutes. Turn the slices over and bake until golden brown, 5-10 minutes more.
7. Transfer biscotti to a rack to cool completely.
8. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate in 20-second bursts, stirring after each burst until melted and smooth.
9. Drizzle biscotti with melted chocolate and refrigerate to set chocolate.
10. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.