Gluten-free blueberry donuts your family will swoon for!
Preheat the oven to 350
Add oil or butter to the donut pan to prevent the donuts from sticking
- Whisk the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, melted butter, and lemon zest together in a small bowl
- Add baking powder, flour and mix well
- Discard the water from the small saucepan and mix in the blueberries.
- Add the mixture to the pan using a piping bag or just by scooping the batter into the pan
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown
- Let the donuts sit for about 5 minutes then using a butter knife remove the donuts from the pan and let cool
- Add the ⅓ cup of Graceland Fruit dried blueberries and 1 cup of water to a small saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes on medium-low heat
- Add the Coconut butter to a separate saucepan and cook on low heat
- Coconut butter burns quickly so make sure you still butter constantly once melted remove from heat
- Add the roughly chopped lavender, lemon zest and lemon juice to the coconut butter and mix well
- Once the berries are done cooking remove from heat and discard all but a ¼ cup of water
- Add the ¼ cup of blueberry water and blueberries to a high-speed blender and pulse until fully mixed together
- Pour the mixture into a fine mesh strainer and press down on the puree with a spoon or spatula to remove the juices from the puree
- Add the juice to the coconut butter mixture and mix well. It should be about 2-3 tablespoons worth of blueberry juice
- Add the coconut milk slowly to thin out the mixture if it’s too thick. Slowly roll the donuts into the icing until they’re covered.