- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, thick cut if possible, use gluten free if needed
- 2 cups Graceland Fruit dried whole cranberries, divided- you can also use dried cherries, sliced cranberries, or dried blueberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups milk, 2% or whole milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus more for drizzling optional
- 2oz unsalted butter, melted, plus more for coating pan
- 1 large egg
- 1 large ripe banana, completely mashed until liquid
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Butter a 8×11 oven safe dish.
- Combine oats, 1 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup almonds, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl, mix well. Combine milk, maple syrup, melted butter, egg, mashed banana, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl or large easy to liquid measuring glass, use a large fork mix to combine well.
- Add oats mixture to prepared pan. Very slowly and evenly pour milk mixture over oats, allowing mixture to soak in as you pour. Sprinkle 1/2 cup almonds followed by 1 cup of dried cranberries over top. Place pan in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and serve immediately with drizzled maple syrup. Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Optional added toppings: Greek yogurt, creme fraiche, or a dollop of mascarpone.
- Photo and recipe by Fabiola from www.notjustbaked.com. Check out her blog for more photos and insight into this delicious recipe!