Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tumeric and Tamari
An amazing combination that satisfies.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons avocado olive oil
- 1 1/tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
- ½ teaspoon crushed chili peppers
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- A pinch of pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried sour cherries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes, ensure all sweet potatoes are touching the bottom of the skillet, cover, and cook approximately 4 minutes stirring a couple of times.
- Uncover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook approximately 2-3 additional minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine honey, tamari, crushed chili pepper, turmeric, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add honey mixture, pecans, and cherries and simmer, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer to bowl and enjoy warm.