Members of our team jetted to San Francisco, California this past month to discover the most up-and-coming products of 2018 at the Winter Fancy Food Show. With firm resolve (and full bellies), we can hardily recommend the following products for their healthfulness, unique attributes and tantalizing flavor:
- Hope Hummus: As self-proclaimed health-focused foodies, Hope Foods brings a unique twist to a fan favorite (read: chocolate hummus). As a fan of the Kale Pesto myself, they have delicious, minimally processed hummus for every palette, backed by a belief in the power of better food.
- Creative Snack Clusters Almond Clusters: The delectable pairing of almonds, dried cranberries and cacao nibs in a bite-sized cluster reminded me of my favorite trail mix- only better! Balancing each bite becomes effortless as each cluster is a perfect combination of all flavors. Creative Snacks is all about creating better snack food: affordable, great tasting, and free from any harmful ingredients.
- Bobo's Banana Chocolate Chip Oat Bar: A Colorado mother-daughter duo started baking oat bars in their Boulder, CO kitchen, creating a product that won consumer's hearts nationwide. Their banana chocolate chip oat bar is no exception- a delicious, gluten-free baked good that leaves you full and satisfied. Keep up the great work on these small-batch goodies!
- In Season Snacks Trail Mix Crackers: A perfect blend of nut, dried fruit, seed and cracker, these trail mix crackers are great right out of the bag or coupled with your favorite cheese. As the versatily of a cracker meets a unique take on trail mix, In Season Snacks hit it out of the park with this new creation.
- Rustic Bakery Tart Cherry, Cacao Nib & Almond Artisan Crisps: A great pairing with cheese, soups and salads, these surprisingly supple crisps get an A+ for flavor profile and delectable inclusions. Low in fat and high in fiber, these flatbreads are sure to make their way into your list of pantry staples.
- Barney Butter Almond Butter Blend: Did someone say nut butter? While you can't go wrong with any type of creamy, nutty concoction in my book, Barney Butter does it all right. Gluten-free, Non-GMO and packed full of almond-boasting health benefits, this butter comes in a variety of fun flavors including vanilla and espresso, cocoa and coconut, and honey and flax.
- Miyoko's Creamery Vegan Smoked VeganMozz: Last but not least, the heavens truly blessed us with the arrival of a vegan creamery at Fancy Foods. For those with lactose and other dairy-associated issues, Miyoko's cheese brings back a beloved ingredient that pairs well with so many dishes- you wouldn't even know it's not the "real thing!" For all of those that have said “I’d go vegan, but I just can’t give up cheese” Miyokos has the answer for you.
Have you tried any of these hits? What's your favorite?