June is National Great Outdoors Month. In celebration, I would love to share some ways to embrace adventure in the great outdoors.
- Let your curiosity guide you: commit to trying a new outside activity. Maybe you have always wanted to canoe, go fishing, or sail. Seek it out and make it happen.
- Explore nature: Try a good ole’ fashion hike in the woods. You’ll be getting fresh air and physical activity together in one.
- Seek out an adventure: Really, the possibilities are endless here. My personal adventure this summer will be to take my girls to Sleeping Bear Dunes http://www.sleepingbeardunes.com/.
- Practice mindfulness in your current environment: Often adventure exists in familiar places if you view it through new eyes. Go for a walk in a place that you know very well but be mindful of every step along the way. In the words of Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh “walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.”
- Bring the indoors out: Do something that you typically do inside, outside. Some examples of this include doing yoga on the beach, reading under a tree, or sleeping under the stars.
How do you opt outside?
Your super fruit sidekick,