June is National Camping Month so let’s talk s’mores! I love me the occasional s’more and so do my girls. Rather than doing the traditional s’mores, we recently set up a s’mores bar with some fun and delish toppings to choose from. If you’re a fellow s’mores lover who wants to make this happen, here’s how!
- Gather the following ingredients:
- Whole grain graham crackers
- Dark chocolate (Tip: at least 70% cocoa for an antioxidant punch)
- Marshmallows (Tip: for the vegans out there…pick up the Dandies brand and you’ll skip the gelatin)
- Additional toppings:
- Diced banana pieces
- Diced strawberry pieces
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Pretzel sticks broken into pieces
- Sprinkles (Tip: to keep the fun but skip all the food dye and trans fat go organic)
- Next, belly up to the s’mores bar, add a chocolate square along with your toppings of choice to a graham cracker square (Tip: the peanut butter, almond butter, or Nutella will help the other toppings stick)
- Roast your marshmallow and put it on the pre-loaded graham cracker square
- Place a graham cracker square on top and enjoy!
Your super fruit sidekick,