This time of year, many people are planning fun weekend adventures, road trips and family vacations. But one common travel challenge is how to stay healthy on the road.
As any road warrior knows, it can be tough to make good food choices when you’re faced with fast food, convenience stores and cranky kids. If you’re planning to take a trip, make sure to fuel up with some healthy snacks before you hit the road.
For longer trips, take a small insulated bag with freezer ice packs, so you can safely bring along your favorite (portable) refrigerated items such as yogurt, string cheese and hard-boiled eggs.
Here are some of our favorite healthy, snacks-on-the-go.
- Bobo’s Bars - delicious oat bars
- KRAVE - flavorful jerky
- Brekki - diary-free overnight oats
- Hippeas - organic chickpea puffs
- Living Intentions Popcorn – superfood and super good
- Yumbutter - portable almond, cashew and peanut butter
- Siggis- Icelandic style yogurt
- Graceland Fruit - And remember to throw some of our dried fruit into yogurt, overnight oats or enjoy right out of the bag. A sweet snack you can always feel good about.