5 ways to eat for our Earth:
- Use a reusable lunch box and water bottle. Planet boxes (https://www.planetbox.com) are perfect because they are not only reusable, but also remove the need for plastic bags due to compartments in the box. This adds up to a huge annual reduction of trash in landfills, oceans, or who knows where else. There are also fun options for kids because who doesn’t want to uncover a unicorn or a T-rex as they eat their food?!
- Shop your local farmers market or participate in community supported agriculture. These local options travel significantly less miles to get to you which is more environmentally friendly, but also can result in more nutrient rich foods for your body and support the local economy.
- Eat off your own land – garden, forage! If you want to decrease transit time even further between you and your produce, consider starting a garden and/or foraging. Bonus green points if you eat it raw as cutting out the cooking will decrease energy use!
- Buy in bulk. This reduces packaging waste and it can help save money...cha ching!
- Eat your fruits and veggies. By eating more plants and less meat you can help conserve water, land, and energy usage!
There are certainly more ways to eat green, but these are a great place to start!
Your Super Fruit Sidekick,